Give to this Church

Four ways to give:

1. Giving Securities or Other Appreciated Property (ie art, land)

• If you want this church to benefit from your gift immediately, you might consider the gift of securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) or appreciated property.

• Benefit to donor is that you do not have to pay tax on the gains associated with the asset and you receive a tax deduction for the entire amount donated. Normally we pay taxes on 50% of the capital gains, so your incremental tax savings equate to your tax rate times 50% of the capital gain (46% maximum tax rate in Ontario).

For example:

2. Include RPC in your will

I give, devise and bequeath to Rosedale Presbyterian Church the sum of $XXX or X% of the residue of my estate. And I declare that the receipt of the congregational treasurer shall be sufficient to discharge to my executors for payment thereof.

3. Give the Gift of Life Insurance

• By naming Rosedale Presbyterian Church as your beneficiary on a policy you own. Premiums are tax deductible up to 20% of income.

• By assigning dividends on a life insurance policy to Rosedale, generating a tax receipt for the amount of the dividends.

• You can give a paid up policy to Rosedale by naming it as owner and beneficiary and can generate a tax receipt for the paid-up cash value. The tax receipt can be used for this year's income tax, returning up to 20% of income and the unused amount can be carried forward for 5 years.

• Begin a new policy naming Rosedale as beneficiary generating a tax receipt for the premium.

4. Give a Charitable Gift Annuity

• Can allow you to give a substantial gift to RPC and in return receive regular income for life. You can buy a single (just you) or joint annuity (you and your spouse, brother or sister).

• Depending on your age (older creates more write-offs) it allows:

• all or some of the annual income to be exempt from tax.

• a write-off for the total value of the annuity.

Please note that these are general descriptions only. Donors should consult with their expert tax advisors.